Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Ciao Firenze!

flying into Florence/Firenze


Made it successfully into the city via my connection in London just fine. Had a thrilling time with the taxi driver from the airport. I didn't even know it was possible to zoom down these narrow streets in tandem with other vehicles, but he pulled it off! I got about 3 hours of sleep on my 8hr flight from Atlanta to London. British Airways was a pleasure to fly with, just as they say. There's something adorable about classical music playing during boarding. Even more so when we bump onto the runway in London, and the second we do, the music bursts out in an orchestral trumpet. Oh, the British. I love them so. Tomorrow I head to the Lorenzo De.Medici (LDM) housing office where they.ll set me up with my family stay. Staying in the heart of Florence for a night in a hotel is a fun experience, but I.m looking forward to making some friends here and not just being another strange face in the traveling crowd.

Until then...


near the London airport


taking a train from one London terminal to the other, and of course it's raining in Britain. go figure.

1 comment:

Cobie said...

Glad to hear you've arrived safely!

Good luck wth it all, it sounds terribly exciting xD